- Notarized translations
Notarized translation:Usually the notarized translation is used when the following documents are being translated:
A notarized translation is the translation that is certified by a qualified translator. In turn, the authenticity of his/her signature is certified by a sworn notary, observing the regulatory enactments of the Republic of Latvia.
To find out whether you really need to notarize the translation, contact us and we will give you a free consultation.
- Marriage, birth, death certificates
- Educational documents (diplomas, certificates)
- Legal documents (contracts, powers of attorney)
- Company documentation (annual reports, audit reports)
In compliance with the regulatory enactments of the Republic of Latvia, a sworn notary may certify a translation from one language to another only if he or she knows both languages. If the notary does not speak the relevant languages, the authenticity of the translator's signature that translated the relevant document is certified.
Types of notarized translation:
Certification from the translation agency:
- Certified translation sewn to the original: A notarized translation is sewn to the original document.
- The translation is sewn to a certified copy (transcript). The copy (transcript) is certified by copying the original document and the notary certifies the authenticity of the copy. For the translation agency to provide such certification, the client should provide us the original document.
- Certified translation sewn to the copy: A notarized translation is sewn to the copy of the document.
An alternative to a notarized translation is a certificate from a translation agency. The translation is sewn to a copy of the document and certified by the signature of a qualified translator and the seal of the office.
Such certificate is not equivalent to a notarized certificate; therefore, we strongly recommend that you contact us before ordering such a certificate.
Certified translations receipt types:
- submission and receipt of documents at the LK Translation office;
- delivery of documents by post or courier in Latvia or abroad.
Do not hesitate to contact our staff if you have any further questions. Contacts
Please note, we point out that there is no register of the sworn translators and translators or authority in Latvia that certifies translators, therefore there is no certificate of a sworn translator. Such certification is a simple translator certification or notarization.